Managing ankylosing spondylitis can be overwhelming for patients. Our dedicated Care Team of pharmacists, nurses, and patient care coordinators assist patients with their healthcare insurance, investigate financial assistance for high co-pays, and provide counseling and drug education. When you start your therapy, we’ll provide information and training to ensure you understand how and when to take your medication, and anticipate any side effects. Then we’ll follow up to check in and answer questions. We’re also available 24/7 if questions arise.
Ankylosing spondylitis affects nearly half a million people in the United States. Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a long-term, debilitating condition characterized by chronic inflammation that primarily affects the joints and ligaments of the spine and may lead to stiffness of the back. The first sign of AS is usually inflammation around the sacroiliac joints, where the lower spine joins the pelvis.
Common Symptoms of AS Include:
- Slowly developing chronic pain and stiffness in the lower back, hips, or knees
- Pain usually becomes persistent and bilateral within a few months
- Restricted movement during the night or early morning (i.e., lower back morning stiffness)
- Symptoms typically worsen during periods of rest or inactivity and improve with exercise
A Personalized Approach to the Patient Experience
We review all of the medications our patients are taking. Then we dive deep into their medical history to provide complete medication therapy management. This comprehensive standard of care means higher adherence levels and healthier patients.
- Reducing and/or Delaying Disease Progression
- Enhancing Patient’s Quality of Life and Satisfaction
- Keeping Patients in the Workforce and/or School Longer
- Decreasing Healthcare Costs
- Monitor Medication Adherence
- Managing Medication Side Effects
- Recognizing and Responding to Suboptimal Responses to Therapy
If you’re suffering from joint pain the Meijer Specialty Pharmacy Team is here to help. Please call us at: (855) 263-4537 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org